Emotional Intelligence tip to turn hot emotions into cool emotions
- Focus on your breathing, starting with air entering your body, down to your diaphragm, then out.
- Count to ten on each cycle.
- Consider the situation from someone else’s perspective.
- Take a more realistic look at your situation.
- Look at the situation as though it happened a long time ago, which removes some of the shock and intensity that occurs soon after the event.
- Focus on the situation, not the emotion.
- Try to see the situation realistically, in order to have a more clear perspective.
Emotional Intelligence test designed by Prof Daniel Goleman
If you would like to know what is your EQ score you can take this short test:
Remember even if your EQ is low, you always have the potential to improve. With practice, you can build on your existing skills to become more emotionally intelligent.